Yaniv is a card game from developer Tarnegol Games. If you’ve never heard of Yaniv before, you’re not alone. I had never heard of it either until downloading this game. Yaniv is a card game whose origin is shrouded in mystery. Rumor has it that it was conceived by an adventurer named Yaniv and spread as he backpacked from the hidden peaks of a Hindu temple to the sandy shores of the US. The game itself is actually fairly easy to pick up once you learn the rules of the game. Luckily, Yaniv includes quite a comprehensive tutorial that will guide you through your first game and makes learning how to play Yaniv very easy.
In Yaniv, the object of the game is to get your total sum of your cards below 7. You start off with 5 cards and 1 card is placed face up in the middle. Players can swap 1 or more of their cards for the card in the middle or a new face down card from the top of the deck. You want to trade higher cards for lower cards to decrease your total sum. If you have cards that form “poker” hands, you can trade those in as well for 1 card. This helps decrease the number of cards you have and also helps lower your overall total sum of cards. Once you reach 7 or less, you can call out YANIV. If you have the lowest total, you win. If someone else has a total lower than you, you lose.
Yaniv is a fast-paced game that you can either play on your own or with others online. If you like card games, you’ll want to at least give Yaniv a try especially since it’s free to download. You can upgrade to the pro version for $1.99 and it’ll add a few more features as well as remove the ads, but I think you’ll be just fine playing the free version of the game.
Yaniv is a card game whose origin is shrouded in mystery. Rumor has it that it was conceived by an adventurer
named Yaniv and spread as he backpacked from the hidden peaks of a Hindu temple to the sandy shores of the US.
Yaniv is an amazingly addictive and easy card game that’s guaranteed to keep you enthralled for hours. If you don’t
believe us, try it for yourself, it’s free. :)
HOW TO PLAY
– Reduce your hand’s value at all costs.
– Maximize each turn and discard sets, trips, and other high value hands.
– Outsmart your opponents with pre-planned strategies, wits, and intuition to win.
– When you think you have the lowest hand, call “YANIV!”
– Be careful, if you declare “YANIV” and another player has a lower hand, you lose and “ASSAF” is declared. That’s
30 points! (points are bad)
– An easy to follow, Step-by-Step tutorial introduces new players to the game.
– Play offline against smart and challenging computer opponents or play online with players around the world.
– Invite your friends and challenge up to 3 players at once.
– Quick Match feature lets you jump right into multiplayer action.
– Share your score via Facebook.
– Chat with friends and connect with leaderboard support for online matches.
– Earn 40 fun and exciting achievements.
– Access player profiles by tapping on a player’s name in an online match.
– Additional difficulty levels, game statistics, and modes are available.
– Full retina display support with vibrant and colorful art.
– 3 Difficulty levels (Pro difficulty for Pro users only) & fully customizable game settings.
[via App Store]