Take It Easy! is a new puzzle/board game from developer Zabu Studio. The object of the game is to place tiles down on the board and match up colored lines in order to form matches from edge to edge. Each color you match up is worth a different point so you’ll want to take that into consideration when deciding which colors to match up. Take It Easy! is a game for those who really love puzzles and brain teasers and a game that actually makes you use your brain. Take your time and fill up the board with tiles and try to get the highest score you can.
The game is very easy to get into, but that doesn’t mean it’s a simple game. There are 3 different modes you can play, but 2 of them are locked until you unlock them by meeting certain conditions. There is a lot of strategy and thinking that goes into each game and if you don’t plan out your moves carefully, don’t expect to get any high scores. In Classic mode, You are presented with tiles until you fill up the board. During each move, you’re only presented with the current tile you’ll be using and won’t be able to see the next move until you put the current piece down. This adds a layer of difficulty which will make you question each move you are about to make. This is why I also love the fact that there is no timer pressuring you to make a careless move. The other 2 modes are Puzzle mode and Progressive mode. In puzzle mode, a board filled with tiles are shown. You’ll have to swap tiles with the other tiles in order to make matches. Keep making matches until you achieve the minimum score needed to pass each puzzle. In Progressive mode, there is a time limit. Challenges are presented to you and you must complete them before time runs out. This is a iOS exclusive mode.
Take It Easy! is a really fun puzzle game. I like the fact that you can play this game at your own pace without having a timer stressing you out. Your able to just sit down and plan out your strategy and hope it works to achieve the highest score possible. Some might be bummed that you can’t automatically play all three modes right out of the gate, but unlocking the other 2 modes by achieving certain conditions makes the game more goal oriented and forces you to really focus on the game and concentrate. It’s a good way to motivate you since you’ll want to unlock those other modes. It’s very good exercise for your brain and I like the fact that the game contains multiplayer allowing you to enjoy the game with others.
It’s a puzzle, it’s a brain teaser, it’s a game! It’s all three and much more! It is bingo with strategy! Place your pieces one at a time on the board. Try to form continuous rows of color from edge to edge. But one wrong tile and the whole row is worthless. It gets harder as the number of empty spaces on your board, and your possible choices, diminish. Because once a tile is placed, it can’t be moved!
Take It Easy is a simple, yet surprisingly addictive and thought-provoking game that’ll give you endless hours of fun.
• New iPad, iPad, iPhone & iPhone Retina version all-in-one! Includes stunning 2048-by-1536 high resolution graphics for the new iPad.
• Three entertaining and visually beautiful game modes to choose from.
• The Classic Mode will introduce you to the game that started it all. Already over a million copies of the award winning board game have been enjoyed by fans worldwide.
• The Puzzle Mode will test your puzzle solving skills with 100 fun and well designed puzzles. This exciting new twist to the game will have you swapping pieces in your sleep. This mode will appeal to puzzle solvers everywhere.
• Last but not least, the Progressive Mode offers 30 stages of different challenges specifically designed for the iOS version. Conquer all 30 stages before time runs out!
• Local and online multiplayer game play. Play head-to-head against a friend. Or up to 4 players on a single iPad! Or play with friends around the world with the online multiplayer.
• Game Center integration lets you compare high scores with your friends and players around the world. See if you can earn a prestigious spot in the TIE Master leaderboard.
• Over 40 different achievements. Earn points to get that #1 rank and, along the way, win surprising rewards to customize your gameplay.
• More puzzles and challenges on the way!
[via App Store]