You can probably guess that the Cygnett Urban Shield wasn’t the only case they sent me in their latest package. In fact, they sent me quite a few and here is the second one of the bunch that I’m taking a look at right now, the Cygnett Aerogrip Edge for the iPhone 4/4S. The Aerogrip Edge is basically an alternative to the standard iPhone Bumper case but improves upon the design a bit by adding a high-grip finish and dimples for easier handling.
Cygnett sent me the red version of the case which is very, very red. It differs from the Apple bumper case which is red and black in color whereas the Aerogrip Edge is all red. There is another difference in that this case doesn’t have the integrated metal buttons for the volume buttons or the power button.
The Aerogrip Edge wraps all the way around the outer edge of the iPhone and also overlaps both the edge of the screen and rear plate. This means that no part of the iPhone touches the surface if placed on its back or face. Now, because it does overlap the screen and rear plate, it may or may not cause interference with your screen and rear protector if you have those on and can make the edges lift up.
Features & Specs
- Heavy-duty protection shields the edges of your iPhone from bumps & scratches
- Durable, flexible TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) close-fitting cover
- Clean, uncluttered styling, with high-grip finish
- Easily access all ports, controls & connectors
- Includes a screen protector & microfibre cleaning cloth
If you don’t like the look of the standard Apple bumper case, the Cygnett Aerogrip Edge is almost as good of an alternative. It really is quite grippy and the dimples on the sides to help with handling. It seems a bit more rubbery than the Apple bumper though. It fits very well and is pretty tight so you don’t have to worry about it possible slipping off in your pocket or something. It’s also much cheaper than the Apple bumper case at only $14.99.
- Grey – Cygnett AeroGrip Edge Case for iPhone 4s – Grey
- Black – Cygnett AeroGrip Edge Case for iPhone 4s – Black
- Red – Cygnett AeroGrip Edge Case for iPhone 4s – Red
Please Support TheGamerWithKids
I love to bring you guys the latest and greatest reviews whether it be apps or gadgets. However, I can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned on the site, please do so by clicking our links to Amazon first and then purchasing the items. This way, we get a small portion of the sale and this helps me run the website.
*This review is made possible with my affiliation with G Style Magazine. It is also featured at the G Style Magazine website which is a tech blog that focuses on the fashion aspect of tech. Please visit their site for the complete review and more images.
- TGWK’s Review – Cygnett Apollo iPhone 4 Case (aka Fused) (thegamerwithkids.com)
- Musubo Eden Case For iPhone 4/4S Review [TheGamerWithKids.com] (thegamerwithkids.com)
- TGWK’s Review – Cygnett ICON Art Series iPhone 4/4S Case Featuring Nathan Jurevicius (thegamerwithkids.com)