I’m usually not a fan of baseball games, but I do love a good homerun derby game. If you’re looking for a more nostalgic type of baseball game that takes you back to the 1920′s, then Boomtime Baseball is the game for you. Developed by Distinctive Developments, the game features legendary athletes like Babe Ruth and Jackie Robinson as well as variations of the homerun derby. What makes Boomtime Baseball different is the retro look of it. Most of the game is sepia toned and has that classic look to it.
“Boomtime Baseball’s launch marks a unique turning point for Distinctive Developments,” says Nigel Little, Managing Director of Distinctive Developments. “As a studio known for creating sports games for popular yet untapped markets, creating a home run derby baseball game posed a unique challenge. By setting the game at the turn of the century, we created an environment that would be familiar to fans but unlike anything seen before. We’re thrilled with our product and cannot wait to play ball!”
Boomtime Baseball Features:
- Choose from a roster of legendary baseball players
- Become the champion of three single player game modes
- Score big against friends and family using Game Center multiplayer mode
- Jump and jive to music from Miss Kitty’s Jazz Club
- Collect playing cards with each batter’s stats and upgrade to unlock the unbeatable Herman George character
What’s also great about Boomtime Baseball is that it is a universal app and is available now to download for free in the App Store.