iOS has no shortage when it comes to good word games. In fact, there are probably tons of really good word games just waiting to be discovered. One such work game is Wordsworth from developer 99Games. WordsWorth is another one of those word search type games where you are presented with a random assortment of letters. The difference here is that the letters are arranged in a honeycomb like pattern. Words must be created by using letters that are adjacent to each other. Because each tile has 6 sides, this allows for more adjacent letter tiles when compared to its 4 sided counterparts. WordsWorth also has a very Tetris like feel to it in that when you create words, the letters that you used for that word disappear and new letters drop in from the top. Basically the entire board changes each time you make a word.
WordsWorth has several modes of play. There is a single player mode in which you can change different settings for the game itself like grid sizes and minimum word length. You also get 3 different types of game types – classic, timed, and tumble. These can also be played in multiplayer mode as well. There are several multiplayer modes that users can play if they want to get a bit more social. There is local multiplayer, ability to play with friends by using Facebook, Game Center, Search, or by choosing a club to play in with random players.
In terms of word games, WordsWorth is very worthy. It’s addicting, challenging, and has many of the elements that make word games fun, as well as some unique features of its own. WordsWorth is a fun game, even if you decide to play it locally in single player mode. In fact, I play it more in singleplayer mode than in multiplayer mode only because I have so many other word games I’m already playing with friends. It’s a refreshing change of pace to be able to play one on your own and at your own pace. I think veteran word game players and novice players alike will really like WordsWorth.
Get set to challenge over 400,000 players from all across the globe with New Power-Ups on your iPhone 5
CALLING ALL WORDCRUNCHERS ABOARD!
Calling all Word champs! Experience the thrill of wordplay as you link letters to trace words on a beautiful honeycomb structure. Create longer words with rare letters to earn hefty points and unlock quests! Play with our rapidly increasing community of players and befriend Word Pros from all across the globe on the iPhone 5.
AMP UP YOUR GAME WITH POWER-UPS!
Earn Stars based on the words you create; words with more ‘dots’ get you
Stars faster. Then use them to unlock 4 Power-Ups and dominate your word battles!
★★★ FINDER: Locates the best word in the grid for you!
★★★ REPLACER: Replaces all instances of a letter with one of your choice!
★★★ RESETTER: Resets the Timed Tile back to zero!
★★★ REVIVER: Game Over? Use the Reviver to earn a new life and continue the game from where you lost.
* Play it on the gorgeous 4″ display of the iPhone 5
* Universal Binary: Enjoy the WordsWorth experience on iPhone and iPad
* Play alone or challenge your Facebook friends online
* 3 exciting game modes – Classic, Timed and Tumble
* Choose from 5×5, 6×6, 7×7 and 8×8 grids
* Unlock special tiles and new strategies as you progress
* Use Power-Ups – Finder, Replacer, Resetter and Reviver to dominate the word battles
* Earn Stars as you play to unlock Power-Ups or purchase them
* Check meaning of words formed and expand your vocabulary
* Chat with friends as you play
* Complete numerous levels with different rankings
* Supports official Scrabble word lists – TWL/SOWPODS/ENABLE
* Hop on the global leaderboard and Improve your Vocab Power
[via App Store]
- Letterpress v1.0 for iOS Review (thegamerwithkids.com)