Developed by Julian Laufer and published by Headup, Outbuddies DX is a pixelated 2D adventure not unlike the classic, Metroid. Originally released on PC, Outbuddies DX is available now on PlayStation 4.
Fans of the Metroidvania genre can look forward to a feature-packed adventure with several hours of exploration. Outbuddies DX takes place in a huge interconnected world filled with environmental hazards, hostile creatures and gigantic bosses. And it adds two special features: you explore the world with the help of your ever-trustworthy robot sidekick who scouts and manipulates the surroundings through hacking, scanning, and telekinesis. Furthermore, the local co-op mode allows a second player to control that sidekick with an expanded tool set, perfectly suited for co-operational speedruns.
On your own or together, you’ll discover various ancient weapon systems and gear upgrades to battle through a gigantic sunken labyrinth with a non-linear gear-based progression system for both combat and level-layouts.
- 2D Side-scrolling ‘Metroid-like’ adventure
- Explore an open Lovecraftian fantasy labyrinth with five huge distinct areas
- Evolve characters with a non-linear gear-based progression system
- Sandbox-like freedom to develop speed-techs
- Unique drone ‘Buddy’ unit with local co-op option
- Epic and creative boss battles that stand out within the genres
- Original soundtrack by OGRE
- Optimized performance for smooth gameplay with 60 FPS throughout
- MS-DOS style pixel art with distortion-free adoptive scaling
Outbuddies DX is available now on PlayStation 4 for $17.99.