If you own any computer, there’s probably a chance where you’ve run into the problem of not having enough USB ports for you to plug i all your gadgets. The only way around this is to get yourself a USB hub to increase the number of ports you have. Why settle for some boring slab of plastic when you can get an R2-D2 USB 4-port hub instead? This USB 2.0 hub is an officially listened product and even has all the official R2-D2 sounds when you plug gadgets into it.
The Star Wars R2-D2 USB hub is $49.99 and you can pick one up now at ThinkGeek.
Almost as versatile as a real Astromech
There are lots of astromechs out there, but no design more popular than the venerable R2 unit. Sure, R4’s are great, but they lack the personality R2 units are known for. Not everyone can speak in bleeps and bloops, but you won’t have much trouble getting the gist of what they say.
While we don’t yet have the technology in this corner of the galaxy for fully automated repair droids like R2 units, we can get a portion of R2’s versatility into something small enough to sit on your desk.
- Official Star Wars R2-D2 4-Port USB Hub
- 4 USB 2.0 ports ports along the base of his chassis
- Chirps, squeals and beeps when you plug a new device into him
- Articulated legs allow R2 to stand up straight, or recline
- Powered by the USB bus, so a power supply isn’t necessary for operation
- Some high-powered USB devices may need extra power, so R2 accepts a 7.5V external power supply (not included)
Thanks to @inflek for pointing this item out to me.