Since we love indie games at The Gamer With Kids, we try to feature many of the more interesting ones that we find. ArtWitz Design and JoshOClock (Skymodo), a relatively small indie development studio that consists of just two people, have just released their first iOS game entitled Dog Pile. Dog Pile is a cross between your classic match-3 game and plinko. There are two versions of the game available, one for the iPhone and one for the iPad. iPhone version is $0.99 while he HD iPad version is $1.99. If you want to try out both versions, there are also free versions available that are ad supported.
- Free iPhone version here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dog-pile-free/id430864033?mt=8
- Paid no-ad iPhone version with bonus (Easter themed) content here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dog-pile/id430523712?mt=8
- Dog Pile HD free: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dog-pile-hd-free/id430796435?mt=8
- Dog Pile HD paid: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dog-pile-hd/id430725117?mt=8
I’ve already played a bit of Dog Pile and I can confirm that the game is very family friendly. The art and design will appeal to children while the challenge will also appeal to adults. Check out the latest trailer for the game below as well as the full press release and more information about the game after clicking the read more link below.
ArtWitz Design and JoshOClock introduce Dog Pile 1.0, their first game for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices. Get your Dog Pack ready to play the craziest game show around. Dog Pile is a mix of match-3 and plinko with great gameplay and cute characters with universal appeal. Items and new characters can be unlocked to dress your dogs up with plenty of combinations. Dog Pile is packed with a unique and fun set of features. Every level offers a fun and unique set of obstacles and gizmos to try.
Port Moody, Canada – ArtWitz Design and JoshOClock have just released Dog Pile 1.0, their first game for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices. Unleash the fun! Dog Pile is a mix of match-3 and plinko with great gameplay and cute characters with universal appeal. Items and new characters can be unlocked to dress your dogs up with plenty of combinations.
The fiction surrounding the game is that it takes place in a crazy game show where the dogs are the contestants. One by one, they take the plunge down a dynamic obstacle course to eventually land themselves onto the Dog Pile below. Get your Dog Pack ready to play the craziest game show around. It’s time to sit up and cheer … “Dog Pile!” Dog Pile is packed with a unique and fun set of features:
* The artwork is stunning yet adorable and fully enjoyed in HD on the iPad
* Many interactive gameboards come to life as you play, increasing in difficulty as you progress
* By collecting dog bone biscuits within the levels you can then use them in the in-game store to outfit your favorite Dog Pack
* There are many hats and eyewear items to choose from
* Simple swipe controls get your Dog into the action
* Match your Dog on the Pile below before time runs out
* Use tilt controls to guide your Dogs through insane obstacles for big points
* Start by playing the thrilling Carnival courses before really unleashing your dogs in the zany Space Challenge
* Every level offers a fun and unique set of obstacles and gizmos to try
Follow us on Facebook (dogpilegame) and Twitter (dogpilegame) or visit or company website. We’d love to hear from you as we’re working hard to improve this game with every new release. Whats your favourite combination of items to dress up your dogs with? What favourite dog pack to you like playing with? There are so many combinations to try.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
* 42.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Dog Pile 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. We have our free iPhone version, a paid no-ad iPhone version with bonus (Easter themed) content, a Dog Pile HD free version and a Dog Pile HD paid version.
ArtWitz Design (Jason Buchwitz) and JoshOClock (Josh Brown) are the developers of ‘Dog Pile’ for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad platform. Copyright (C) 2011 ArtWitz Design. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.