If you’ve been holding off on purchasing a set of Astro Gaming A40 Pro-Gaming headsets, just now that you got a few more choices now when it comes to color availability. Not only can you still pick these up in classic white and black, you can now get them in Neon Pink, Yellow and Orange with the availability of Neon Red later this summer.
On top of the new colors, Astro Gaming headsets are now a bit more affordable with the 2013 Edition ASTRO A40 Pro-Gaming Headset, now available for $149.99 and the A40 Audio System, including the 2013 ASTRO MixAmp™ Pro, is also available for $249.99.
Check out the full press release below for more details as well as their incredibly weird, Power Rangers inspired ad for the new colors.
ASTRO GAMING UPDATES AWARD-WINNING A40 PRO-GAMING HEADSETS WITH NEW NEON COLORS
Critically Acclaimed ASTRO Gaming A40 Headsets Now Available in High-Style,
Retro Neon Colors: Pink, Yellow, Orange and Red
Can Neon Colors Improve Gaming Performance? ASTRO Determined to Find Out
SAN FRANCISCO – May 3, 2013 – ASTRO Gaming, a division of Skullcandy, Inc. (Nasdaq: SKUL), and creators of premium video gaming equipment for professional and hardcore gamers, today announced a slew of bright new neon colors for the brand’s most popular product the ASTRO A40 Pro-Gaming Headset. ASTRO Gaming fans have recently been clamoring in support of a wider color palette for the studio’s best-selling audiophile-grade headset and today ASTRO has officially delivered four of the most requested colors – Pink, Yellow, Orange and Red. The ASTRO A40 Pro-Gaming Headset’s four new neon color choices join the two existing color options of Black and White. Neon Pink, Yellow and Orange ASTRO A40 Headsets are available now; Neon Red ASTRO A40 Headsets will be available later this summer.
“ASTRO Gaming has one of the most passionate fan bases in the gaming industry and we’ve always paid close attention to their suggestions for product improvement – it’s a critical part of how we’ve maintained our edge, delivering technologically superior, professionally performing and cutting-edge products year after year after year,” said Aron Drayer, Director of Marketing, ASTRO Gaming. “While there is currently no conclusive scientific evidence that Neon Colors can improve gaming performance there is no question that any player sporting a new set of Neon A40s is going to stand out in a crowd and may even distract a few opposing players!”
The recently revealed 2013 Edition ASTRO A40 Pro-Gaming Headset, which is now available in four new neon colors, including Pink, Yellow, Orange and Red, features an update to the company’s highly popular Quick Disconnect Cabling System as well as re-tuned drivers and enclosures that make the audiophile-grade headsets the most accurate and detailed ASTRO Gaming has ever produced, with improved low-end response and less distortion at peak volume.
2013 Edition ASTRO A40 Pro-Gaming Headset Features:
- New Neon Colors: Customize your cans with four new high-style, neon color choices now available for the ASTRO A40, including Pink, Yellow, Orange and Red. The new neon colors join the A40’s existing black and white choices for a total of six color options.
- Quick Disconnect Cabling System: Updated version of the ASTRO Quick Disconnect system, offering the same flexibility of using multiple cable types and lengths, but now plugging directly into the headset via a 3.5mm 4-pole jack instead of the original mid-cable release. This increases reliability and durability while also making it easier to change to preferred cable lengths and update cables as desired.
- Media Controller Cable: Designed to move freely between mobile, console and PC gaming, the ASTRO A40 Headset features a unique Media Controller Cable providing total audio control featuring: an in-line mic; an in-line mute; a switch that toggles between in-line and boom mics; a multi-use call/pick-up/music track control button; and, a volume control wheel.
- Best Sounding ASTRO Headsets Ever: The 2013 Edition ASTRO A40 has re-tuned drivers and enclosures with improved low-end response and less distortion at high volumes making them the most accurate ASTRO headsets ever
- ASTRO Audio Experience – Engineered specifically for gaming, ASTRO Audio delivers audiophile-grade sound in a richly detailed positional audio experience. ASTRO A40 headsets are designed for extended game playing, movie watching and music listening sessions and feature superior fit and finish.
- Removable Mic System: The ASTRO A40 features a highly precise, removable boom mic, which can be removed and swapped from ear to ear for a more customizable in-game communication experience.
- Customizable Speaker Tags: ASTRO A40 headsets feature a magnetic, removable and customizable Speaker Tag system. Tags can be designed online to create a unique look for teams, clans, guilds or simply for pure personal expression.
ASTRO Gaming also recently announced significant permanent price reductions for its most popular gaming headsets, including the 2013 Edition ASTRO A40 Pro-Gaming Headset, which is now available for $149.99. An A40 Audio System, including the 2013 ASTRO MixAmp™ Pro, is also available for $249.99.
For more information about ASTRO Gaming or the new colors, pricing and features available for the 2013 Edition ASTRO A40 Pro-Gaming Headset, visit www.astrogaming.com.
About ASTRO Gaming
ASTRO Gaming creates premium video gaming equipment for pro gamers, leagues, gaming enthusiasts and their lifestyles. Spun-off from design powerhouse ASTRO Studios, known in the gaming world for designing the Microsoft Xbox 360™, Alienware PCs, and HP’s Gaming PCs, ASTRO Gaming produces a line of gamer-centric “tech-life” products, supporting this rapidly growing community. ASTRO Gaming’s product line includes the A50 Wireless Headset, the A40 Audio System, the A30 Cross-Gaming Headset, and the Transport Series of gaming gear bags.
About Skullcandy, Inc.
Skullcandy is a global designer, marketer and distributor of performance audio and gaming headphones and other accessory related products under the Skullcandy, Astro Gaming and 2XL by Skullcandy brands. Skullcandy became one of the world’s most distinct audio brands by bringing color, character and performance to an otherwise monochromatic space; helping to revolutionize the audio arena by introducing headphones, earbuds and other audio and wireless lifestyle products that possess unmistakable style and exceptional performance. The Company’s products are sold and distributed through a variety of channels in the U.S. and approximately 80 countries worldwide. Visit skullcandy.com, or join us at facebook.com/skullcandy or on Twitter @skullcandy.