If you’re finding mobile games to be a bit too easy these days, why not give Pivvot a try? Pivvot is all about quick reflexes and strategic avoidance as you navigate a treacherous path. Basically what you do is control a sphere that must travel along a set path. The only thing you can do with is is rotate is around a central axis point in order to keep the sphere from colliding with obstacles scattered along the path. It might sound easy enough, but trust me, it’s not.
The main objective of the game is to avoid obstacles. You do this by rotating the ball around the path it’s traveling on and hope that you don’t hit anything. You tap on either side of the screen to rotate clockwise or counterclockwise. The controls do make it a bit harder to be precise, but that’s part of what can make the game so hectic and fun.
Graphically, the game makes use of minimalism with all objects being very flat and using mainly all solid colors. This means the gameplay takes top honors here with very little to distract you. Although, the audio soundtrack in this game is killer and deserves a good listen while the game is paused.
Overall, Pivvot is a fairly unique game that is a great for honing your hand-eye coordination. It’s a fast paced game that’s very challenging with a really awesome soundtrack. If you’re up to the challenge, I definitely suggest picking this game up. It’s a game the whole family can enjoy.
App Store Link: Pivvot
Developer: Whitaker Trebella
Compatible Devices: (Universal App) Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Pivvot is a thrilling game of strategic avoidance that will consistently test and challenge your ability to make quick, impulsive decisions.
As the game progresses, you will have to rely on your instincts and problem-solving skills to navigate down the winding path for survival. With its intensity, minimalistic design, and puzzling logic, Pivvot is sure to keep you guessing at every turn.
SEVEN GAME MODES
• Voyage: Travel through increasingly challenging levels of obstacles
• Endless: Survive as long as possible while the game gets progressively faster
• Expert Voyage: Uncover new, more challenging obstacles
• Expert Endless: Avoid the expert obstacles as the increasing speed tests your limits
• Berserk: The ultimate challenge: chaotic, frenzied, and unrelenting
• Random Endless: like Endless but random and faster!
• Random Expert Endless: like Expert Endless but random and faster!
• Increasingly challenging gameplay with thirty different obstacles to conquer
• Five unlockable game modes
• Procedurally generated path: every game is different!
• Four custom-composed, high energy songs
• Simplistic, minimalistic art style and gameplay
• Universal support
• iCloud syncing between devices
• No in-app purchase
• GameCenter and Facebook leaderboards
• Share replays of your game via Facebook, Email, or Twitter
[via App Store]