There are certain types of games that are suitable for young children and one of them is that of jigsaw puzzle games. Kids love puzzles and from my experience, they will do them over and over again, even if they’ve done them before. The trick though is starting out simple and gradually increasing the difficulty so that the child does not get frustrated and quit. 101 Animal Puzzles seems to solve this problem with a rather interesting way of automatically setting the difficulty of the puzzles based on player performance.
Puzzles in the game can range from 2 to 8 pieces depending on the difficulty level you set the game to. The game initially starts at just two pieces as this puzzle game is meant for children who are just learning about puzzles. There are customizable settings for gameplay that parents can mess around with that allow you to add pieces for each new puzzle if your child does it in a certain amount of time and to decrease puzzle pieces if they don’t. This allows the game to automatically adjust difficulty based on performance, which is a very welcome feature for an introductory kids puzzle game.
Graphically, the art is very cute and very child friendly. Everything is bright and colorful and there are even parts that are animated. All animals they show are very representative of what they are supposed to be. What I really like though is the audio portion of the game. Each puzzle piece has a color and when tapped on, the narrator will say the color. When the puzzle is complete, tapping the animal will say what it is as well as the noise that animal makes. That makes this game a bit more than just a regular puzzle game.
Overall, 101 Animal Puzzles is a rather fantastic jigsaw puzzle game for children. I like the fact that there are varying degrees of difficulty and if you adjust the settings just right, you never have to really worry about the puzzles being too easy or too difficult. Where as other puzzle games make you choose the difficulty setting, this one does it on its own and works for all puzzles. There are supposed to be 101 different puzzles kids can complete so there’s definitely enough to keep them busy here.
App Store Link: 101 Animal Puzzles
Developer: Little clever Limited
Compatible Devices: (Universal App) Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
101 Animal Puzzles for Kids Features:
* 101 Animal Puzzles for Pre-School Children
* Each animal has 7 levels of difficulty (from 2 to 8 jigsaw puzzle pieces)
* Difficulty level can automatically adapt to skill level
* Friendly voice will congratulate your child
* Every animal is named by voice and text
* Every animal has an associated sound
9 categories of puzzle:
* on the farm – lamb, chicken, turkey, pig, sheep, rooster, goat, chick, horse, bull, cow, pony, calf
* riverside – swan, goose, frog, crocodile, pelican, duck, rat, beaver
* woodland – fox, squirrel, badger, hedgehog, wolf, bear, raccoon, owl, skunk, moose, reindeer, deer
* in the sea – dolphin, starfish, clownfish, seal, shark, turtle, octopus, whale, seahorse, squid, eel, swordfish
* africa – zebra, lion, tiger, antelope, leopard, rhinoceros, giraffe, elephant, bison, hippopotamus, cheetah, buffalo
* in the garden – cockroach, dragonfly, bee, slug, snail, caterpillar, fly, worm, bird, blue bird, canary, butterfly, ladybird
* dinosaurs – pteranodon, dimetrodon, diplodocus, monoclonius, tyrannosaurus rex, stegosaurus, velociraptor, brachiosaurus, parasaurolophus, ankylosaurus
* pets – sausage dog, mouse, cat, rabbit, hamster, bulldog, poodle, spaniel, kitten, puppy, dog
* around the world – kangaroo, koala, ostrich, polar bear, penguin, camel, monkey, gorilla, snake, cockatoo
101 Animal Puzzles for Kids does not collect any personal information about or from your child. The game makes use of a standard analytics service to collect anonymous usage data – such as how often the game is installed and used. We use this anonymous data to provide you with better products. In future we may collect data from in-game events e.g. to discover which are the most popular animal puzzles.
[Source: App Store]