The latest PlayStation 4’s 3.50 update beta will be rolling out to users tomorrow who were selected to participate in it. If you were selected, check your emails later for instructions on how to download the new beta.
For those who don’t get selected for the beta, at least you’ll know what to expect when the actual update hits. Features like being able to appear offline and friend online notifications are welcome features as well as the introduction of PC/Mac remote play. Not sure if this is the whole list of updates below, but hopefully there will be a surprise or two that wasn’t mentioned.
New Social Features
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
Other New System Features
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.