Whether planned for this day or not, HITMAN will finally see its first Elusive Target appear this week on Friday the 13th. If you don’t know what Elusive Targets are, they’re basically once in a lifetime targets that only appear for 48 hours and can only be killed once. What makes them harder to kill though that regular targets is limited intel, they don’s show up on your mini map, and you can’t use instinct mode on them. Oh, and if you die, that’s it. You lose your chance at killing them.
The Elusive Targets are specially crafted, unique targets, which come with particular rules:
- An Elusive Target is a once in a lifetime experience
- They are available for a limited time only in game – this first Elusive Target will last 48 hours
- Intel on the target will be limited
- They will not appear in instinct mode, or the mini map and their locations will not be revealed to you – you’ll have to go and find them
- Plan accordingly before you engage your target
- Your target can only die once
- If you die during the mission, that’s it
- When the time runs out, they are gone for good
- If you fail, there are no second chances
As this is the first Elusive Target, Square Enix wanted to let players know in advance, however there may not be so much warning next time so keep your ears close to the ground, visit the forums or follow HITMAN on social media to ensure you don’t miss out – bon chance.