Indie studio Krafted Games today announced its much anticipated minimalist, rogue-like, randomly generated FPS, POLYGOD which features a brutal difficulty curve, epic boss fights with arena-shooter style online multiplayer/co-op and local multiplayer modes, will launch worldwide for Nintendo Switch on August 17th, 2018 for $14.99.
- Infinite level possibilities – maps are randomly generated and seeded providing a tonne of replayability, but then shareable among friends in order to encourage competition with full leaderboard support
- Brutal Difficulty curve – Only the most skilled gamers will ascend to Godhood…
- Online co-op and versus multiplayer – Allows for competitive fun to be had among friends featuring daily leaderboards. (Versus multiplayer not available on Switch.)
- Skill based gameplay – Built upon a principle that if one lacks skill, it can be substituted for strategy and vice versa. Eg. unskilled strategic players will be just as good as skilful nonstrategic players.
- Unique ‘Blessings’ based weapon customisation system – Combine and stack ‘blessings’ to create hundreds of thousands of unique weapons, blessings combine to give a high level of depth. Deep understanding is required to fully utilise the blessing system which in turn gives a high replay value
- Classic FPS controls – POLYGOD’s controls are reminiscent of Quake 3 and the original Doom, bringing a classic gameplay vibe back having been absent since the 90’s!
- Gyroscopic controls – Nintendo Switch version only
- Super fast paced and addictive – requires hundreds of hours to master, a speed-runner/hardcore gamer’s dream
POLYGOD will appear on the Nintendo eStore August 17th, 2018.