My son has had a Nintendo Switch for over two years now and I’ve had numerous chances to play with it. I’ve always thought it was a neat console, especially its dual nature of being able to be played on a television and being able to go portable. Well, after two years of sharing a Nintendo Switch, I decided to get my own last month, but instead of the original one, I picked up a Nintendo Switch Lite and not just any one, but the Zacian and Zamazenta Edition.
So let’s just right into this since most of you are already familiar with the Nintendo Switch and what it can do. I’ll just skip all the known stuff and get right into what I like and dislike about it so far.
- Love the size. It’s a bit smaller than the regular Nintendo Switch and reminds me a lot of the PS Vita.
- Unlike the PS Vita, love that it uses standard MicroSD cards for storage.
- Battery life is pretty good.
- Seems more solid and sturdy than the regular Nintendo Switch.
- Plenty of available accessories for it.
- Don’t like that you can’t output video to a television.
- Don’t like that Nintendo Switch games generally cost more than PS4 games.
- No analog triggers.
That’s pretty much it. In my opinion, it’s much better made than the regular Nintendo Switch in that it feels very sturdy and solid and doesn’t feel like it’s going to break. The regular Switch has always felt a bit flimsy to me and more fragile. I also like the fact that it comes in a wide variety of color choices.
I haven’t had any Joy-Con drift issues yet (knock on wood) and everything seems to be working just fine so far.
So with that said, if you’ve been thinking about picking up a Nintendo Switch and just want it as a portable gaming console, the Nintendo Switch Lite would be perfect for you. There are tons of games for it, plenty of third party support, and lots of indie titles to choose from. If you’re looking to play on a television however, you’re still better off grabbing the original Nintendo Switch. You can’t really go wrong with either, but in my opinion, the Nintendo Switch Lite is the slightly better looking version.