Team17 announced that Worms Rumble will be heading to Nintendo Switch on June 23, 2021. Worms Rumble is the first real-time action installment in the beloved, multi-award-winning Worms series and the Nintendo Switch version will coincide with the availability of a brand-new and free arena: Spaceport Showdown.
Set far above the stratosphere, the Spaceport Showdown features a new, randomly generated, low-gravity mechanic that slows the action down during battle and joins the existing available maps: Deadly Dockyard, Battlegrounds Bank, Missile Mall, Portal Park, and Transforming Towers. New 1extra-terrestrial premium skins, banners, and emotes will help acclimatise the weapon-toting annelids to their new surroundings. A free exclusive outfit for Nintendo Switch players, the Patchwork Bear outfit, will be available.
- Fast-paced, arena action: Open fire in six varied arenas in up-to-32-player, real-time combat across five solo and team-based game modes, including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and the battle royale mode, Last Worm Standing
- Take aim across the platforms: Take on friends, frenemies, and unfamiliars whatever the platform, with cross-play matchmaking
- Make your Worm its own: Choose and unlock over 1,000 options to full customise your worm, from outfits and hats, to eye colour and teeth shape; further personalise the weapons they wield with additional skins to unlock
- Lock and load your arsenal: Crates across the arenas contain a host of weapons and items, including fan favourites like the Sheep Launcher, Holy Hand Grenade, and Grapple Gun.
- Weekly Lab events:The time-limited event Lab mode provides preset maps, weapons, and gameplay mechanics for players to master and unlock new skins
A pre-order discount of 25% is available on digital edition purchases Nintendo Switch, with a physical release scheduled to arrive on July 13, 2021.