So Dying Light 2 has been out for about a week now, though I’ve been playing it for a bit longer than that. While my experience with the game has been so far, pretty fun, there have been a few things with it that I dislike, and hope they might change in the future.
- No multiple saves – Basically, you’re stuck with just one save slot per character. You can’t have mutltiple saves per character. That means you can’t save right before a quest so that if the quest doesn’t go your way or if you don’t like the outcome, you can’t reload a previous save and redo it or change your decisions. You’re stuck with whatever happens and will have to start a brand new game if you want to make different choices.
- Where are the guns? – I understand that in this future, we’re back in the dark ages basically and all guns and ammo were used up by the military. That means there are zero guns laying around and no ammo to find. This is a slight step backwards from the series as the first Dying Light had guns. I knows guns in the first game drew a lot of attention when it comes to noise and attracting zombies, but at least it was an option we could use whereas in this game, we get nothing.
- Multiplayer is limited to PvE – This may or may not change later, but multiplayer in DL2 is limited to just PvE co-op. The original game had PvP in the form of “Be the Zombie” which was an interesting take on PvP. There was also an interesting Bad Blood stand-alone title that never really took off but could have been implimented here. Either way, you’re stuck with just PvE co-op mode.
- Can’t make your own character – Dying Light 2 has a lot of RPG-like elements which begs the question of why I can’t customize the way Aiden looks aside from the “armor” you find throughout the game. It would be nice if I could customize his appearance, even if it were just limited to how his face and hair look. Not only that, I’m sure there are players out there who would have liked to have played as a female protagonist instead. I know that when I plays games that give me a choice, I like to usually create one of each to see who I’d rather play as.
- Paragliding is meh – The second part of the game introduces the paraglider which is stupposed to make travel a bit faster, especially in the new area where buildings are a lot taller. However, the paraglider is a bit clunky to use and I honestly still kind of dislike using it. Not sure why it would use up stamina when you’re literally just gliding. The paragliding also takes away from the whole parkour thing. I’m guessing this is a substiture for vehicles, which we had in the first game, but paragliding just isn’t very fun at the beginning.
That’s pretty much it so far. Aside from these dislikes, I’m still enjoying my time with Dying Light 2. Hopefully, there will be tweaks to some of these and possibly additions as well. I know there’s supposed to be more DLC content so there could be additions that address these issues later down the line.
How about you? What are you liking and not liking about Dying Light 2 so far? Let us know in the comments below.
Disclaimer: Received game from developer and/or publisher for coverage purposes.
Please Support TheGamerWithKids
I love to bring you guys the latest news and reviews whether it be apps or gadgets, but hosting and maintaining a website can be expensive. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned on the site, please do so by clicking our links to Amazon first (when available) and then purchasing the items. This way, we get a small portion of the sale and this helps me run the website.