Assemble Entertainment and Grimbart Tales announced the release of their Mesoamerican-inspired platformer, ITORAH, on PC via Steam and GOG. ITORAH tells the story of the titular character, the last human lost in a strange world filled with masked beings and enemies. Threatened by a mysterious plague that deigns to consume everything, Itorah and her snarky weapon sidekick, Koda, must journey through the exotic land of Nahucan and discover the secrets behind what has doomed their homeland.
ITORAH’s 2.5D action-platformer gameplay style utilizes a remarkable hand-painted art style rich in earthy, colorful hues. Blending the genres of platforming and action-adventure, this streamlined Metroidvania experience employs crisp controls, a mature story told through compelling cutscenes, and epic world-building within a unique setting sure to invoke a sense of fernweh. Contrary to ITORAH’s cute and wholesome art style, the game tells a tragic tale about sacrifice, loss, and the journey to redemption.
- Hand-Crafted Quality: Explore a beautifully realized world inspired by ancient Mesoamerican landscapes, each lovingly hand-painted by the development team to breathe life into the world of Nahucan
- Moves like Jagger: Enjoy a staggering 200+ animations that truly bring Itorah and her amazing range of abilities to life in the hands of players
- Make Friends Along the Way: As the old saying goes, the “real treasure is the friends made along the way,” and Itorah will need the help of her new friends and allies to help her defeat the great evil threatening the land
- Good ol’ Fashioned Platforming: When she isn’t hacking and slashing her way across the landscape, Itorah will need to keep her jumping and dodging skills as sharp as her ax as she conquers progressively more difficult puzzles and platforming sections
- Unravel the Mystery: Is Itorah the only human left, and if so, what happened to everyone else? Get to the bottom of the mystery with plenty of exciting twists and turns along the way as the brave young warrior battles her way through lush forests, ancient temples, and more on her quest to save Nahucan!