Actual Nerds and Mastiff latest 2D action RPG, The Tarnishing of Juxtia, is available now on Steam. The Tarnishing of Juxtia is a brutal combat game featuring styled kingdoms, deadly traps and hazards – and massive, vicious bosses rendered in arcade-quality pixel art.
Playing as the final creation of the Goddess Juxtia – and choosing from a staggering variety of weapons, armor sets and abilities – players are tasked with defeating the Shadow God Drelium of Crescentpeak … a mysterious, alien realm filled with strange machinery and occult magic.
Dark fantasy visuals and a hauntingly beautiful score are perfectly matched to the addictive ‘Souls’-inspired 2D action-RPG gameplay found in The Tarnishing of Juxtia. Furthermore, the innovative “Energy Rush” system allows players to get a super-charged boost of stamina and mana after landing consecutive attacks – proving consistency just might win the day against even the most fearsome of beasts.
- An Extraordinary Adventure Awaits: Explore 15 unique environments, engage in 14 formidable boss battles, and uncover plenty of secrets and sidequests in this sprawling 20+ hour action RPG.
- Risk vs. Reward Combat: A unique Energy Rush system rewards skilled players who manage to land consecutive attacks.
- Terrifying Boss Battles: Face evil head-on as you battle corrupted saints, ancient war machines, destructive gods and more in explosive, multiphase boss fights that will push your skills to the limit.
- Earn Powerful New Abilities: Acquire Relics from fallen bosses that can be powered up to unleash devastating Ultimate offensive and defensive abilities – allowing you to turn the tide of battle in your favor while adding a unique flair to your character build.
- Kingdoms Filled with Weapons & Loot: Uncover a wealth of unique weapons, armor sets, magic abilities, and Relics.
- Develop Unique Character Builds: With access to more than 35 weapons and 18 armor sets, create a character that thrives on your playstyle and visual preferences!
The Tarnishing of Juxtia is now available on Steam for $22.49 – 10% off. On August 2, the game will return to its retail price of $24.99. The Tarnishing of Juxtia will be initially compatible with Windows PCs only.