VRKiwi announced that their latest VR adventure, Cave Digger 2: Dig Harder, will be leaving Early Access and be officially released on September 8, 2022. It will be available on Steam, the Meta Store, and PlayStation VR.
In Cave Digger 2, prospective players begin their adventure in a seemingly abandoned camp aiming to extort valuables from the caves, to advance their frontier exploration. Follow in the footsteps of the treasure hunter Clayton and discover the strange history of the Valley and the caves below. Explore old mines, nautical caves, ruins of an ancient civilization and find the pages to a tale of greed, eldritch power and secrets beyond space & time. Who the mysterious Clayton was and what he did in the Valley becomes clear in the end, but is it really the end?
- Discoveries, dangers, and digging
- Mine your way onwards with a faithful pickaxe, good old dynamite or a high-tech hammer
- Procedurally generated partially destructible cave networks
- Grab the sparkling revolver and the gold-pan-turned-to-a-shield when you have to protect yourself. TNT works fine too, just mind your team members if you aren’t lone wolfing!
- Additional gadgets for utility
- Tools, weapons, and gadgets evolve through upgrades
- Collectable comic book Clayton – The Greed reveals the history of the Valley throughout the player’s journey
- Multiple discoverable narratives built into the game as ending goals, each revealing a different angle to the story
- 1-4 player crossplay co-op of private groups or public matchmaking
- Player avatar customization with dozens of things from clothes to faces to hats