Block Tracks Trains is a unique, creative building toy. Basically, it’s not really a game but is instead a sandbox where you can generate beautiful environments and design your own sprawling web of locomotive tracks. What’s amazing here is that this game was developed by one man indie developer – Splenbit.
- Generate a random chunk of terrain to start your build.
- Modify the landscape any which way you want; in contrast to other train set builders the terrain can be fully sculpted, it is not just a height map. You can have tunnels, overhangs, etc. with various materials like stone, soil, gravel, grass, sand!
- Build a voxel world, along with freely placeable scaffolds for your voxel buildings.
- Build houses, bridges, mansions, castles, towers, lighthouses, villas – from little blocks of wood, brick, and stone!
- Design your own locomotives and carriage.
- Almost anything can be painted; you can freely mix colours from the palette. There is also glowing paint and a matching Night View mode.
- Train tracks are easy to build using a spline system and can handle complex track layouts.
- Set up a track network and watch your trains go on a journey.
- The visuals aim to imitate a “grown-up’s” model train set, not a children’s toy.
- You can play in top-down view or in first-person view.
- There is a Play Mode in which you can play with your train set: locomotives and switches can be controlled by hand, vehicles coupled with other vehicles. Trains can be as complex as you like, with no limitation on the amount of wagons or locomotives. Full support for shunting operations.
- There are default props like locomotives, wagons, people and various plants/trees to get you started.
- And coming very soon: Steam Workshop integration to allow you to share your creations with other players!
Available on PC from Steam priced at just $9.99 (compatible with Steam Deck, but mouse is recommended).