Since today marks the 35th anniversary of the original Star Wars film, I figured I’d do a few Star Wars related posts today. Seeing as it’s also Friday, might as well make today fun.
What you’re looking at here is a Star Wars Lightsaber Umbrella. Living in Miami, an umbrella is definitely something I never want to leave home without but why carry around a plain old umbrella when you can carry around a lightsaber, that happens to also be an umbrella?
I really wish I had seen this before going on my Star Wars Weekend trip to Orlando as I would have definitely taken this with me into the park. I’m sure it would have been a real conversation piece and I would have gotten the nod from my fellow Jedi.
Available in 3 styles, Anakin, Darth Vader, and Obi-Wan, they retail at ThinkGeek right now for $39.99.
Star Wars Lightsaber Umbrellas
- Each umbrella has a different Lightsaber hilt (slightly scaled down for easier use).
- While it doesn’t light up, each shaft is anodized in the proper color for the saber’s blade.
- Each umbrella part has silk-screened insignia (either Jedi or Imperial) of the corresponding faction of the saber’s owner.
- Choose yer saber:
- Anakin – blue shaft – Jedi insignia
- Darth Vader – red shaft – Imperial insignia
- Obi-Wan – blue shaft – Jedi insignia.
- Carrying sheath (with shoulder strap) included.
- Fully licensed Lucasfilm collectible.
- Canopy Diameter: 47″
- Total Length: 39″