Yes! Team 17’s beloved Worms franchise is coming to PS4 in the form of Worms Battlegrounds. This is the newest game in the franchise and will include tons of improvements and new features not seen in previous games. The game will feature both local and online multiplayer for up to 4 players and the addition of clan support. Clan support means you’ll be able to compete in league matches and earn you community points, which allow your clan to level up and grow larger. You’ll even be able to play on the same team for the first time ever.
New features even include a landscape editor that allows you to create new levels, making the game highly customizable. There will be 65 outrageous weapons and utilities including 10 awesome new items: the Mega Mortar, Gravedigger, Winged Monkey, Oxygen, Worm Charm, Bovine Blitz, Whoopsie Cushion, Teleport Gun, Aqua Pack and The Equaliser.
All of this is coming June 3rd! Check out the trailer and official press release for more info.
19th May 2014 – UK – Veteran independent developer and publisher Team17 is proud to see its award-winning franchise make its debut on the next generation of consoles, having seen it already appear on over twenty-five other platforms since the series introduction back in 1995.
Worms™ Battlegrounds is making its way on to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and will be available both via digital download and as a boxed copy at certain retailers on the 30th May 2014. While US PlayStation fans will be able to get their hands on Worms™ Battlegrounds as a digital download from the PlayStation®Store on the 3rd June.
Worms™ Battlegrounds will be the among the first titles to be released under ID@Xbox, Microsoft’s new program enabling independent game developers of all sizes to produce and self-publish games digitally on Xbox One, of which Team17 are an ambassador.
Worms™ Battlegrounds features:
• 25 single player story missions
• 10 ‘Worm‐Ops’ time attack missions
• 5 environments: Inca, Viking, Feudal Japan, Industrial Revolution and Prehistoric with day to night lighting transitions
• Multiplayer Deathmatch and Fort modes with online and local multiplayer for up to four players
• Stunning graphics and gameplay running at 1080p 60fps
• Landscape editor
• Clan support including clan emblem editor
• 65 weapons and utilities including 10 outrageous new items: Mega Mortar, Gravedigger, Winged Monkey, Oxygen, Worm Charm, Bovine Blitz, Whoopsie Cushion, Teleport Gun, Aqua Pack and The Equalizer
• Physics based contraptions
• Over 200 individual customisation items for the worms
• DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller’s light bar dynamically changes colour depending on your worm’s scenario. Watch as the light car glows red for attacks and explosions, blue when your worm is submerged in dynamic water and green to indicate that your worm is poisoned (PS4 version only)
• Weapon Gestures. Assign up to four weapons for quick select using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller’s Touch Pad (PS4 version only)
• Companion website. Keep track of your stats on the go! (PS4 version only)
• SmartGlass companion app. Keep track of your stats on the go! (Xbox One version only)
Worms™ Battlegrounds is due for a 30th May release for Xbox One and PS4 (EU) and will be available both via digital download and as a boxed copy at certain retailers.
In the US Worms™ Battlegrounds will be available for the PS4 via digital download from the PlayStation®Store on the 3rd June.