This should interest Xbox One owners who plan on picking up the Halo: The Master Chief Collection. ASTRO Gaming today announced the release their new, A50 Wireless Halo Edition headset for the Xbox One. These are custom, Halo themed headsets made exclusively for the Xbox One and features Master Chief inspired graphics and paint scheme. Everything else is what we’ve come to love about the A50, 5.8 Ghz wireless technology, Dolby Digital Surround Sound, multiple EQ modes and professional game-to-voice balancing functionality. All of this for $300.
For more information, check out the official press release below.
SAN FRANCISCO – November 7, 2014 –ASTRO Gaming, creators of premium video gaming equipment, today announced the release of the officially licensed ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Halo® Edition headsets for the Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. With an entirely new custom headset color and graphical treatment, the award-winning ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Halo Edition will allow fans to enjoy complete wireless connectivity, true audiophile-grade sound, and an unprecedented level of control over their gaming audio experience as they relive the Master Chief’s greatest moments in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, available November 11 for Xbox One.
The ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Halo Edition is now available at select retailers nationwide and directly from ASTRO Gaming at http://www.astrogaming.com/special-editions-halo for $300.
“The ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Halo Edition doesn’t just sound great, it looks incredible. Featuring a graphical treatment inspired by the Master Chief himself, the headset features an army green palette, honeycomb ear cups and gold-hued accents. Add in 5.8 Ghz wireless technology, Dolby Digital Surround Sound, multiple EQ modes and our professional game-to-voice balancing functionality, and suddenly the Halo audio experience rises to an entirely new level,” said Aron Drayer, VP of Marketing at ASTRO Gaming. “ASTRO’s eSports lineage started with Halo: 2, so we are really excited about getting back to our roots with Halo: The Master Chief Collection, on the most exciting gaming system on the planet, the Xbox One.”
ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Halo Edition Headset features include:
- Officially Licensed Xbox One Headset – Designed specifically for the Xbox One, the ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Halo Edition will provide hours of game playing, movie watching and music listening excitement with superior fit and comfort as well as premium audio tuning for Xbox One.
- ASTRO Audio Experience – Engineered specifically for gaming, ASTRO audio experience delivers audiophile-grade sound in a richly detailed positional audio experience with three custom audio/EQ modes; With one audio profile that represents the most accurate rendition of Halo’s signature audio and score ever presented.
- Built-in ASTRO MixAmp™ 5.8 – Putting audio authority at your fingertips, the integrated wireless MixAmp™ 5.8 technology has embedded controls for Master Volume and Game-to-Voice balancing making all critical audio options available for on-the-fly adjustments.
- KleerNet™ 5.8GHz Wireless Technology – Operating at a higher frequency than most wireless devices, the ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Halo Edition provides clarity and range with less interference using the best 5.8GHz chipset available today. Point to Multipoint – pair multiple ASTRO A50 headsets with a single transmitter. Totally uncompressed, lossless, and lag free.
- Dolby® 7.1 Surround Sound – Hear the details you’re missing and get the drop on your opponents with stunning surround sound, pinpoint spatial accuracy and crystal clear definition.
- Embedded Battery & Display Stand – Lithium-ion battery system rechargeable via USB. Show-off and charge your ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Halo Edition on the included display stand.
- Halo-Inspired Custom Color – The ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Halo Edition features a new unique color scheme inspired by the Master Chief – a deep and rich army green headset with black undertones and metallic gold highlights topped with a subtle Halo graphical treatment.
ASTRO Gaming also revealed the release of four limited edition sets of Halo Speaker Tags for the studio’s award-winning A40 Headset + MixAmpTM Pro. Helping fans commemorate the Master Chief’s journey through the Halo Universe, each set of Halo Speaker Tags is themed after one of the four major franchise releases, including a set for Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4. Developed alongside 343 Industries, ASTRO Gaming Halo Speaker Tags feature artwork derived directly from the game, which ensures a more authentic and iconic representation of the franchise.
ASTRO Gaming Speaker Tags provide fans with an opportunity to truly personalize their listening experience with magnetically interchangeable custom-made art designed specifically for the studio’s award-winning A40 Headset. ASTRO headset owners can create their own speaker tags using the ASTRO Customizer (http://www.astrogaming.com/tag-customizer/tag-customizer.html) or choose from dozens of pre-existing and highly stylish tags, including several eye-catching series by Upper Playground, ASTRO Studios, Sponsored Teams, and more.
ASTRO Gaming Halo Speaker Tags are available now for $25 exclusively at http://www.astrogaming.com/special-editions-halo. An A40 Headset + MixAmp™ Pro Halo Edition is also available for $250. The ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Halo Edition is now available at select retailers nationwide including Best Buy and Microsoft stores, and directly through the studio’s website at http://www.astrogaming.com/special-editions-halo for $300.