Alto’s Adventure is one of the newer endless runner type games that has shot up the charts on both iOS and Android. While there are certainly many games of this type available, Alto’s Adventure has really caught on, not just because these type of game are addictive, but because the game itself is a joy to play with its beautiful art and original soundtrack.
In terms of endless games, Alto’s Adventure isn’t really as hard a game as other games of this type. Most of it is standard stuff here. Jump to avoid rocks and preform the occasional tricks such as backflips and grinds. The gameplay is solid, but it’s nothing ground breaking. It’s not hard at all to learn or master but it’s addicting enough where you want to beat your longest run over and over again. I do also like how they’ve included challenges as part of the run. Each time you level up, there is another set of 3 challenges you can try to complete. It’s a nice addition to the game.
What Alto’s Adventure does have going for it though is the presentation. The visuals are stunning and beautiful and I really like how there are different weather conditions and times of day. Mainly, the visuals are a joy to look at. Same goes for the audio portion of the game. The soundtrack is very calming and matches up well with the art style and gameplay. It just all makes for a very beautiful and calming game.
If you’re picking up this game for iOS, it costs $2.99. Yet if you get it on Android, it’s free. No idea why there’s a difference in pricing there but the Android version does also include in-app purchases. Regardless of which version you choose though, Alto’s Adventure is a beautiful game that is a real joy to play. It’s the type of game you can end your day with that will help you forget about the world around you.
Join Alto and his friends as they embark on an endless snowboarding odyssey. Journey across the beautiful alpine hills of their native wilderness, through neighbouring villages, ancient woodlands, and long-abandoned ruins.
Along the way you’ll rescue runaway llamas, grind rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the mountain elders – all while braving the ever changing elements and passage of time upon the mountain.
• Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
• Procedurally generated terrain based on real-world snowboarding
• Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more
• Easy to learn, difficult to master one button trick system
• Chain together combos to maximize points and speed
• Test your skills with 180 handcrafted goals
• Discover six unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities
• Challenge your friends. Compete for best high score, best distance, and best trick combo!
• Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay dynamic
• Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design
• Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience (headphones recommended!)