Looking for some fun indie games on Nintendo Switch to fill your library with? Look no further than the ones made by 10tons. Those who have been following the blog know that 10tons has made a bunch of games for the PlayStation 4 and most of them have been pretty fun and different. Well the developer now has made a few of them available on Nintendo Switch which allows for an all new audience to enjoy these games. I’m sure as time goes on, there will be more, but for now, the following is what’s out now.
Time Recoil is an explosive slow motion top-down shooter. The player is given a super power: Kill to slow time. Killing triggers time slowdown, and additional kills extend the slowdown period and charge a special move. The more the player is able to kill, the more powerful the special move becomes, all the way to full time freeze.
Time Recoil is a story of rebellion and revenge. The player is a member of a rebel organization fighting against a mad scientist dictator, Mr. Time. The rebels use a time machine to travel through time to locate and eventually kill Mr. Time – before he finds the rebels and destroys them.
- Kill to slow time – every enemy you kill will grant you more time in slow motion.
- Earn special moves: The longer your kill-combo, the more powerful your ability.
- Travel into the past with wormholes and finally kill Mr. Time!
- Try to earn all the stars and climb the leaderboards in Time Attack mode.
JYDGE is the culmination of several years of work that started when 10tons began developing their proprietary 3D engine and their previous big title Neon Chrome in 2014. While still being completely standalone title, JYDGE is set in the same world as Neon Chrome and Crimsonland, and can be seen as prequel to the events taking place in Neon Chrome. Gamers familiar with those earlier 10tons titles will be able to spot familiar things and references to both Neon Chrome and Crimsonland. While Neon Chrome was roguelike (or roguelite), JYDGE clearly differentiates itself by being the first ROGUEHATE game. Carefully handcrafted scenarios will provide players the environment to put their fine-tuned JYDGEs to the test and grab those heroic medals.
- Choose your cybernetics, items, mods, and companions from over a BILLION different configurations. You be the JYDGE!
- Deal ruthless Jystice with your Gavel. Fire lead, rockets, lasers, electricity, and other deadly tools of the law.
- Find creative solutions to get extra medals for your heroic performance and unlock new equipment.
- Break, enter, and confiscate as you please with vastly destructible environment.
- Team up with your CO-JYDGE for local co-op.
A masterful combination of top-down shooter and endless replayability with procedural levels. Blast your way through walls & enemies with guns and cybernetic abilities. Install perks from cyber chambers and upgrade your character stats after each death. Can you stop the Overseer?
- Completely destructible environment
- Persistent character development using loot from your runs
- Enemies ranging from security guards to massive boss hover tanks
- Perk system in the form of cybernetic enhancements
- Procedurally generated levels – endless replayability
- Over a dozen weapons
- Discover and unlock enhancements, abilities and weapons
Sparkle 2 is a classic marble shooter type match-3 action puzzle game. The goal of the game is to match three or more like colored marbles to make them disappear. This is done by shooting marbles from an Orb Slinger into one or more rows of marbles making their way across the screen. The highlight features of Sparkle 2 are highly polished gameplay, spectacular powerups, an enchanting setting of mystery and magic, and an excellent soundtrack by the award-winning composer Jonathan Geer.
- Superbly polished marble shooter match-3 gameplay
- Four game modes: Story, Survival, Challenge, and Cataclysm
- More than 90 unique levels throughout the story
- More than 200 combinations of 16 different Enchantments
- Atmospheric soundtrack by the award-winning composer Jonathan Geer