Publisher Hound PIcked Games today announced that they will be publishing the game, HyperParasite by Troglobytes Games that will be released some time in 2019 on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC.
HyperParasite is a relentless twin-stick shooter/brawler with rogue-lite mechanics and is set in the roaring 80s, offering cool looks, fast action and great controls. The onscreen cast of characters, 60 different classes, all of which you can control, exploiting their own attributes weapons and moves, present a game of outrageous action, rip roaring brawling at is very best, laced with a comical slant which adds spice and fun! So no more looking for weapons, it’s the dude you control that is packed with the surprises!
Players will traverse a total of 13 game levels: 5 main levels and 8 sub-levels, plus the customary crazy boss fight at the end of each main level and several mini-bosses . With martial law having been declared to make way for a global hunt, battle-hardened law enforcers have made allies of the most degenerate of criminals, while the rest of the world is paralysed with paranoia. So who can be trusted? Who can see it, let alone destroy it? That’s for them to worry about. For YOU are the enemy. YOU are the organism with a mission.
- A fresh twist on the genre: hop from one host body to another
- 60 Playable Characters to Body-Snatch and utilise their attributes
- Unique retro 3D-pixelated visual style
- Original retro inspired synth-wave soundtrack
- Cast+weapon includes – cops+guns, Werewolves+claws, robots+lasers, aliens and so much more
- Procedurally generated levels that will play differently each time, challenging even the most seasoned of players
- Extremely fun co-op mode: will the humans handle TWO HyperParasites?