Publisher and developer Dotemu today announced that the NEOGEO classic, Windjammers is now available on the Nintendo Switch.
Windjammers’ Nintendo Switch version offers a near identical emulation of the original 1994 release, adding five incredible game modes (Arcade, Infinite, Local Versus, Online Quick Match and Ranked Match). Compete for top dog status on the game’s global online leaderboards and challenge anyone, anywhere – Windjammers is the ultimate on-the-go competitive experience taking full advantage of the Nintendo Joy-Cons and the simple but rewarding two-button design.
A cult classic sport among arcade and NEOGEO fans, Windjammers’ courts host battles of reflexes and strategy between two players as they fling discs toward their opponent’s goal while defending their own. Windjammers’ easy-to-pick-up mechanics quickly introduce substantial depth, rewarding both newcomers and veteran players who learn advanced levels of play with fast-paced, exhilarating matches.
- Online Versus: for the first time ever, face other players worldwide in ranked matches and compete in the top leagues!
- 5 game modes: ARCADE, INFINITE, LOCAL VERSUS, ONLINE QUICK MATCH,RANKED MATCH
- 6 unique characters with their own special skills and super throws
- 6 playable environments, from sunny beach to crowded stadium
- 2 unlockable mini-games: Dog Distance, Bowling
Windjammers is available now on the Nintendo Switch via the eShop for $14.99.