Merge Games announced the release of RIOT: Civil Unrest this week on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. RIOT: Civil Unrest is a real-time riot simulation game born out of real-life experiences from artist creator, Leonard Menchiari.
RIOT: Civil Unrest is a unique, thought-provoking experience that places you at the heart of some of the world’s most recent confrontations. A complex strategy game, RIOT: Civil Unrest sets players objectives for each scenario. It’s then up to the individual to choose how to tackle each situation, employing different strategies and tactics in order to achieve the perfect outcome. Discover if you can dispel an angry crowd or overcome a well-equipped militia. Player performance is rated, aggression can lead to a quick, successful outcome but a softer approach may have the same resolution without damaging public opinion.
Spread across four campaigns and featuring over 30 individual scenarios, from Oakland in California, to Tahrir Square in Egypt and Caracas in Venezuela, RIOT: Civil Unrest lets players control either the protesters or law enforcement, in an effort to portray a balanced view of each event.
Play as the Police
- Employ numerous crowd-control tactics, both passive and aggressive.
- Command Assault, Tactical and Ballistic squads.
- Call in police trucks, water cannons or even a tank!
- Choose whether to use smoke grenades, rubber and plastic bullets, or even live ammunition.
Play as the Rioters
- Instruct Rioters (armed and passive), and Journalists.
- Incite rage and cause the masses to act aggressively or try to calm the situation with tactical crowd reformation and retreats.
- Attack authority with Molotov cocktails, fireworks, paper-bombs, rocks, street furniture and the power of the media.
- Sixteen campaign levels split over four scenarios; Keratea (Greece), NoTAV (Italy), Indignados (Spain) and the Arab Spring (Egypt).
- See the story unfold from both sides – play over thirty scenarios as the Rioters or the Police.
- Single player mode – play against the computer AI.
- Versus mode – play with or against a friend or AI on the same computer.
RIOT: Civil Unrest is available now on PS4 and Nintendo Switch for $19.99.