I’ve been using the LG Dual Screen case on the LG V50 ThinQ for quite a while now. It’s been an interesting experience to say the least and one that I mostly enjoy. I didn’t think there would actually be a need to have two screens but this accessory has changed my mind on that. That’s not to say the LG Dual Screen case doesn’t have its limitations and its annoyances. There’s plenty that could be improved, but it’s a good start so far.
With that said, here’s what I would change about the LG Dual Screen case and improve for the future.
- There needs to be some sort of display on the front. It doesn’t need to be very large, maybe something like the second screen that was on the LG V20. I want to be able to see notifications and at least a caller ID without having to flip open the cover. This is probably my biggest annoyance with this setup.
- The Dual Screen itself could be bigger and at least the size of the LG V50 ThinQ screen. I believe this is changing for the version that’s coming to the LG G8X.
- The overall packaging could be slimmer and lighter. Right now, it adds about another phone’s worth of thickness. I can understand the need of making it sturdy and solid however, so maybe this was the best they could do with the materials used.
- There seems to be a screen protector on the Dual Screen. Mine is already getting all scratched up and bubbling in some areas. I’m not sure if I can take this off or not. I don’t want to screw up the screen if I’m not supposed to be removing this. I would say, use a better quality screen protector if this needs to be on.
- Lastly, I think it would be more convenient having a button on the Dual Screen that would be able to turn it on and off instead of using the little software shortcut on the screen.
There you have it. While the LG Dual Screen has been useful, it could be better. Let’s hope the LG G8X version of it is as well as subsequent versions of the Dual Screen.
Thank You for Visiting TheGamerWithKids
I love to bring you guys the latest and greatest reviews whether it be apps or gadgets, but hosting and maintaining a website doesn’t come cheap. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned on the site, please do so by clicking our links to Amazon first and then purchasing the items. This way, we get a small portion of the sale and this helps me run the website. Thanks!
This review is made possible with my affiliation with G Style Magazine. These items were sent to us by the company or their PR reps for review and evaluation. It is also featured at the G Style Magazine website which is a tech blog that focuses on the fashion aspect of tech. Please visit their site for more interesting reviews on all your favorite gadgets and gear.