Headup Games today announced that their upcoming R-Type inspired shmup, Rigid Force Redux is heading to Nintendo Switch very soon. Developed by com&com1, Rigid Force Redux breathes new life into the classic side-scrolling shooter genre with its lovingly hand-crafted 3D models, stunning environments, detailed effects, and an electrifying Synthwave soundtrack.
Rigid Force Redux has been completely rebuild from the ground up in Unity. It combines the acclaimed original gameplay with numerous improvements such as ultra-smooth 60 FPS for fluid gameplay, vastly improved difficulty balancing and overhauled visuals, effects and user interfaces.
Navigate through various atmospheric levels and face an onslaught of enemies, from low-level cannon fodder to sprawling bosses. Collect numerous weapons including an upgradeable missile system and ‘Force Shards’, adjustable supplemental units that let the players shoot in multiple directions and block incoming enemy fire. Capture Energy Orbs dropped by foes to boost Rigid Force Alpha’s power supply and unleash devastating blasts to wipe out enemies at critical times.
- Classic side-scrolling shoot’em up action with modern 3D graphics
- Smooth 60 FPS for fluid gameplay
- Unique weapons and power-up systems inspired by the genre classics
- A wide variety of enemies, challenging mid-bosses and enormous end bosses
- An exciting story mode with animated cutscenes
- Six different action-packed 3D stages
- Additional Arcade and Boss Rush game modes for extended high score runs
- Adjustable difficulty levels — for beginners to shmup masters
- Improved UI and visuals, including a brand new character design by Manga Artist Damurushi
- Leaderboards and 40 unlockable achievements with brand-new full-screen illustrations
- Original synthwave soundtrack by DREAMTIME featuring Michael Chait