Indonesian developer Mojiken and Indie publisher, Chorus Worldwide announced that their upcoming point-and-click puzzle game, When the Past was Around, will be coming to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in mid-December, 2020. When the Past was Around won the coveted Best Game Award at this year’s Gamescom Indie Arena Booth. Original music, composed by Masdito “ittou” Bachtiar, also won Best Audio at this year’s Taipei Game Show Indie Game Award.
The game offers a wordless yet profound narrative experience and features heart-wrenching moments to move players of all ages. When the Past was Around invites gamers to gather clues, solve puzzles and unravel secrets buried deep within the protagonist’s memory. Award-winning violin music accompanies you as you explore Eda’s world, as she re-traces the steps of her lost love within her memories.
- Pictures Paint a Thousand Words – Experience the game’s story not through words or dialogue, but through beautifully hand-drawn art created by talented Indonesian artist, Brigitta Rena.
- A Short, Sweet, Whimsical Journey – Explore a bittersweet tale between a girl and her love in disjointed rooms of memories through time.
- Personal and Relatable – A game about overcoming the past and finding yourself.
- Brain Teasing Puzzles – Solve intriguing puzzles to uncover the story.
- Award-Winning Music – Atmospheric violin music accompanies you from moments of peace to heart-wrenching sadness.