Skybound Games and Manavoid Entertainment announced that their upcoming game, Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan will be coming to PlayStation, Xbox, and PC on October 5, 2021. This wholesome, family-friendly, and accessible 2.5D adventure platformer featuring RPG, creature-collecting, and puzzle elements follows Billy through the World of Imagination as they use the power of empathy and acceptance to make friends and help bring color back to the world.
Rainbow Billy is a universal coming-of-age story about dealing with change in the world and accepting ourselves and others around us. After the evil Leviathan banishes color and joy from the World of Imagination, leaving its inhabitant’s anxiety-ridden husks, it’s up to Billy to make things right. Armed with empathy, a talking fishing rod named Rodrigo, and their trusty boat Friend-Ship, Billy must restore the World of Imagination and free its good-hearted creatures.
Encounters in Rainbow Billy are completely non-violent. Instead of fighting, Billy and their companions must build trust to successfully resolve the engagement! Many creatures have tricks to slow you down, but sometimes it only takes a little empathy and a new point of view to reach an understanding.
- Explore a World of Imagination: From dark caverns to remote islands on the stormy seas, discover a rich, wholesome world filled with treasure, friendship… and danger!
- Fantastic Adventure with Relatable Themes: Restore color to a monochrome world and help your friends be their true selves in a story about empathy, courage and friendship.
- Befriend & Collect Cute Creatures: Meet over 60 strange, lovable creatures and help them in non-violent encounters! Create your own unique team to save the day!
- Solve Intricate Color Puzzles: Each world is filled with clever challenges and secrets that unlock new areas to explore!
- Vibrant 2.5D Visual Style: Rainbow Billy’s art style blends the personality of modern 2D cartoon characters into an imaginative 3D world with an energetic soundtrack to match!
- Open Accessibility: We want Rainbow Billy to be playable for everyone, so we’ve included many different accessibility features like color blindness support, a dyslexia-friendly font, single joystick controls and more!
- Fish for Resources: Because who doesn’t love a fishing mini-game?!
Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan will be coming to PlayStation4, Xbox One, and Steam for PC on Oct. 5, 2021, with Nintendo Switch coming soon.