World War Z fans will be happy to hear that the next iteration of the hit co-op zombie shooter inspired by the Paramount Pictures’ film is out now on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. World War Z: Aftermath is an evolution of the original game where instead of escaping the zombies, you’re now making a stand against them.
World War Z: Aftermath is available today for $39.99, but players who own the original World War Z can upgrade to Aftermath for $19.99 on their respective platforms. World War Z: Aftermath: Deluxe Edition, featuring two bonus melee weapons — the Sledgehammer and Dual Cleavers — as well as the ornate Explorer Weapon Skins Pack, is also available for $49.99.
Powered by the next generation of Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine, World War Z: Aftermath lets you play with up to three friends (with full cross-play between PC and consoles) or on your own with AI teammates. Take on hordes of ravenous zombies in two totally new story campaign episodes set in the city of Rome (including Vatican City) and Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka peninsula.
- New Ways to Fight: Experience the heart-pounding immersion of Aftermath’s optional first-person mode and decimate the undead with a brutal new melee system featuring two-handed and dual-wield weapons like the sickle, cleaver, fire axe and sledgehammer.
- New Battles from a World at War: Fend for your life and make a stand against the swarm in two thrilling new story episodes — take back Vatican City in an epic confrontation in Rome, and join forces with survivors in Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka region.
- Deep Hero Progression: Level up eight unique classes, each with their own perks, including the new Vanguard class, armed with an electrified shield that plows through hordes with devastating efficiency. Customize your weapons and conquer new daily missions with special modifiers for bonus rewards.
- The Complete World War Z Experience: Aftermath includes all content from World War Z: Game of the Year Edition, including full episodes in New York, Moscow, Marseille, Jerusalem and Tokyo.
- Play With Friends Anywhere: Aftermath supports up to four-player co-op with full cross-play between consoles and PC, including the Epic Games Store and Steam.
- The Next Generation of Zombie Action: Play in glorious 4K|60 FPS on next-gen systems. Endure hundreds more zombies on screen than ever before possible in the new Horde Mode XL, coming exclusively to PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S in a free post-launch update.
World War Z: Aftermath is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.