The critically acclaimed title, The Forgotten City, is available now on Nintendo Switch as a Cloud Version via the Switch Cloud Streaming feature. What this means is that enable to play it, you’ll need a stable and fat, high-speed Internet connection to access. Players will be able to download a free demo beforehand in order to check that their internet connection is strong enough to play the whole game. The Forgotten City – Cloud Version will be priced at $29.99 USD on the Nintendo Switch eShop.
The Forgotten City is a narrative-driven murder mystery game of exploration and deduction, and a re-imagining of the critically acclaimed mod that won a national Writers’ Guild award and racked up over 3 million downloads. The game received rave reviews when it launched PC and Console in Summer, scoring 9/10 from IGN, GameSpot and Game Informer, and has since reached an ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ rating on Steam.
Trapped in a secret underground city during the Roman Empire, twenty-three lost souls cling to life. In this precarious utopia, if one person breaks the mysterious Golden Rule, everyone dies. Players must relive the city’s final moments in an endless loop, changing the course of the day with each secret they uncover. Combat is an option, but violence will only get them so far. Only by cleverly exploiting the time loop and making difficult moral choices can they hope to unravel this murderous riddle. Featuring:
- An open-world ancient Roman city with historically authentic art, architecture and costumes
- Richly detailed, deeply interactive characters
- Moral dilemmas which have life-and-death consequences
- A gripping, non-linear mystery with multiple endings
- Choose your own gender, origin and backstory
- Multiple ways to problem-solve, including reason, charm, bribery, intimidation, violence, or by cleverly exploiting the time loop