Dotemu announced that the long-awaited Windjammers 2 is finally out on PC via Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, as well as PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S via backward compatibility.
Windjammers 2 features:
- The Spirit of a Classic: A faithful sequel channeling the lightning-quick battles and responsive action from the original Windjammers that fans fell in love with decades ago.
- Hand-Drawn Throwdowns: Fluid 2D animation converts each match’s intense energy and emotion into a beautiful spectacle that’s a joy to both play and watch.
- New Characters, Stages & Moves: New challengers, courts, and character abilities add variety and new layers of strategy onto the series’ classic competitive action.
- Arcade Mode: Conquer a tournament of matches against AI rivals as well as optional challenges, which reward versatile athletes able to adapt their playstyles on the fly.
- Approachable Complexity: Easy to understand mechanics let players of any skill level jump into the fun, with deeply strategic play also available for the fiercest competitors.
- Local and Online Multiplayer: Blaze the court with opponents around the world in ranked online play or quick matches, or take on rivals at home.
- Minigames: Unwind from the competition by chucking a power disc for a canine friend in Hot Dog Distance, or smash through a volley of targets in the all-new Disc Attack.
An evolution of the 1994 arcade classic, Windjammers 2 is a sequel decades in the making. Its fast-paced one-on-one matches pair approachable mechanics with subtle depth, offering up an accessible competitive sport that’s perfect for casual rounds as well as high-stakes tournaments for champions eager to outwit and outplay the world’s best athletes.