Ratalaika Games along with Start Warp and Meridian4 announced that their upcoming game, The Dark Prophecy will be coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Microsoft Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch on September 16, 2022. The Dark Prophecy is a 2D pixel art, Point & Click, 90s retro-inspired adventure game.
The Dark Prophecy presents an atmospheric classic fantasy tale set in the Middle Ages, featuring magic, witchcraft, wizards, castles, kings and peasants plus a host of interesting cast and features.
Jacob, sitting by the night lake, receives a message from one of the magicians of the neighbouring kingdoms. He must get to the arch mage of his kingdom, Merlin, in order to convey an important message to him – otherwise, Jacob’s entire kingdom and village will perish within a day. His path to the castle begins very modestly – right in his village. First, he will have to find a way to get into the village witch’s hut and then carefully study the familiar landscape in order to find something new and hidden from public view.
Features & Facts
As in the good old quests of the 90s, the player can:
- look at something (study visually),
- explore the environment and find solutions to move the plot forward,
- try to touch everything that he meets on the way,
- start dialogues with other characters, choose answer options in dialogues,
- make the main character go somewhere,
- use items from your inventory on environmental items or on each other,
- solve puzzles,
- great replayability,
- visit 18 locations.