Popcap’s mega popular game, Plants vs Zombies will be hitting Xbox Live Arcade tomorrow for 1200MS Points which is roughly $15.00. Plants vs Zombies, which has been previously released on PC, Mac, and iOS devices has been extremely popular for its addictive gameplay.
I’ve played it on every platform it has been on thus far and it never gets old. I play it at home on my PC, on the road on my Macbook and my son plays it on the iPhone. It’s a fun, addictive game that you can play anywhere. If your kids haven’t been introduced to zombies yet, Plants vs Zombies actually makes zombies fun and not so scary.
Dublin, Ireland – July 19, 2010 — PopCap Games, the worldwide leader in casual video games, today announced plans to release Plants vs. ZombiesTM for Xbox LIVE® Arcade (XBLA) this fall. With an anticipated launch in early September, Plants vs. Zombies on XBLA will deliver more game content than any previous iteration of the franchise, boasting seven game modes, including two all-new multiplayer modes, 12 unique achievements and 21 mini-games. Upon its release, Plants vs. Zombies for XBLA will be available for 1200 Microsoft Points (US$15.00).
“With a ton of new features and content exclusive to the XBLA version, we’ve pulled out all the stops to both expand and optimize this adaptation for a hard core gaming audience,” said Ed Allard, head of worldwide studios at PopCap. “The two new multiplayer modes allow gamers to work cooperatively to defeat hordes of invading zombies, or go head-to-head in a true ‘plants vs. zombies’ challenge. We’re also featuring a customized ‘house’ for tracking and sharing progress as well as a total of 21 mini-games and 12 achievements, all designed to enthrall Plants vs. Zombies players once again.”
Plants vs. Zombies for XBLA showcases many standout features, including:
- A total of seven game modes, including two new multiplayer modes: Co-Op and Vs. Mode
- 12 achievements and 21 mini-games – more than any other adaptation, and including the exclusive Heavy WeaponTM-inspired mini-game
- A goofy new way to track and share progress online, where players create their own custom house and cruise down the street to see their friends’ cribs!
- The highest resolution of any Plants vs. Zombies adaptation to date at 1920 x 1080
- All 50 levels of the original Adventure mode along with Puzzle, Survival, and Zen Garden