Some of your PS Vita owners may have played a little title called Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds. We sure did and you can check out our review of the game here. It’s a side-scrolling beat’em up with lots of old school gameplay elements with solid fighting mechanics. Well, the game is heading to PS4 this summer as Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overrive, but won’t be just a straight port. This new version will come with a whole host of new features.
New features will include:
- New skills and abilities for deeper character customization: Triple Jumps, Air Dash Attacks, Shadow Clones, and more!
- Increased chaos: Levels now have gigantic hordes of enemies flooding the screen, and the item drops to match.
- Alternate routes: Discover secret routes that lead you to new items, different enemies, and new skills!
- New Items: Out Range and Aura Items can now be combined to expand your tactical options.
- Newly arranged music: Now leveled up by the PS4! Incredible arrangements with 8 FM synthesis tones and 1 ADPCM tone!
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive for PlayStation 4 will retail for $14.99. The Makise Kurisu DLC retails for $5.99.
Tokyo, Japan – May 26, 2015 — 5pb./Mages, developer of the Phantom Breaker series and Steins;Gate, announces its upcoming title, Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive, is coming to North America on PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®4 this summer.
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive is a cooperative, side-scrolling beat’em up. But don’t mistaken it for just another brawler. Its got an in-depth combat system thanks to roots stretching back to the hit 2D fighting game Phantom Breaker. Its cast of four playable characters from Phantom Breaker (Mikoto, Waka, Itsuki and Yuzuha), and Makise Kurisu of Steins;Gate guest starring as a DLC character, sport moves any fighting game player would recognize — burst gauges, dodges, guard breaks, and more. As your character levels up, you’ll apply skill points to gain new abilities and hit harder and faster!
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds was previously released to great success for the Xbox 360® system, PlayStation®Vita, and Steam (PC). Its newest incarnation comes swinging onto the PlayStation®4 with a slew of new features!
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive for PlayStation®4 will retail for $14.99.The Makise Kurisu DLC retails for $5.99.Key Features:
- Story Mode: Battle through 8 deadly stages filled with crazy enemies. Level up your characters to unlock devastating new skills and build up your attack strength, defense, and speed.
- Arcade Mode: Test your skill for the best scores and times, and compare them against the world on global leaderboards.
- Co-op Mode: Play with up to 4 players with online and local multiplayer.
- Battleground Mode: Enjoy a fierce battle royale using your leveled up characters.
- Fight as Itsuki, Yuzuha, Waka, and Mikoto from Phantom Breaker, each with their own signature moves and attacks.
- Play as Makise Kurisu from popular anime and game series Steins;Gate, available as DLC at launch.
More information can be found on the official website at http://5pb.jp/games/pbbgod/en/.