Hidden Deep is an ’80s horror game developed by one-man Polish studio, Cogwheel Software. Today, Hidden Deep enters Early Access status on Steam. The game is an exploration game where you be armed with various gadgets, players have to explore the dark, abandoned depths alone or in special co-op missions.
In Hidden Deep, players explore a vast suboceanic research and mining facility, inhabited by alien creatures brought to life in a 2D game world full of action, mystery, and danger. They must command their team members and find out what happened in the abandoned caves and corridors, unraveling a dark sci-fi horror mystery inspired by classic movies from the ‘80s and ’90s.
To explore the depths and find the missing researchers, the rescue team has a variety of tools at their disposal. Learn to master the grappling hook to avoid plummeting to your death or bashing your head in, use drones to scan the colossal cave systems, operate heavy machinery to explore new areas of the research station and blast your way through to new caves with demolition charges. Shoot or sneak your way through dangerous traps and alien lairs – and try not to get eaten by the facility’s inhabitants
- Gripping, gritty sci-fi story. The story pays homage to many classic games and movies of the 80s and 90s such as Aliens, The Thing from Another World and the first Half-Life game.
- An arsenal of tools – from grappling hooks and scanners to drones, weapons and heavy machinery.
- More than 20 hours of gameplay in Story Mode (to be completed within the game’s Early Access).
- Challenge mode for even more in-depth adventure.
- Local co-op and remote play co-op already available (online co-op will be introduced during the game’s Early Access).
Hidden Deep releases on PC via Steam Early Access on January 24th.