Assemble Entertainment and Grimbart Tales today announced that their upcoming 2.5D Mesoamerican-influenced side-scrolling platformer, ITORAH, is coming to Steam and GOG on March 21, 2022. Embark on an unforgettable journey with the titular Itorah through the exotic and mysterious world of Nahucan, meeting strange, masked beings and discovering the secrets behind a terrible plague that has befallen the land and its inhabitants.
ITORAH showcases a visually stunning art style and breathtaking environments, complimented by carefully crafted depictions of verdant forests, rocky cliffs, and ancient temples. Despite its deceptively breathtaking visuals, the story is a tragic, bittersweet saga of sacrifice and loss. Together with her smart-mouthed sentient weapon, an axe named Koda, Itorah will journey through the cursed land while unravelling its mysteries, told through enchanting gameplay and meticulously illustrated cutscenes.
- Hand-Crafted Quality: Explore a beautifully realized world inspired by South and Central American landscapes, each lovingly hand-painted by the development team to breathe life into the world of Nahucan
- Good ol’ Fashioned Platforming: When she isn’t hacking and slashing her way across the landscape, Itorah will need to keep her jumping and dodging skills as sharp as her axe as she conquers progressively more difficult puzzles and platforming challenges
- Who’s the Boss: With axe in hand, battle and subdue Nahucan’s voracious fauna through exciting and challenging boss fights
- Make Friends Along the Way: As the old saying goes, the “real treasure is the friends we make along the way.” Meet a variety of odd, quirky characters who may or may not help Itorah on her quest.
- Captivating Sound Design: ITORAH’s lovingly crafted, dynamic soundtrack invites players to lose themselves in the beauty of Nahucan
ITORAH is set to release on Steam on March 21, 2022.